I saw this on Facebook today and thought I’d share it here as suddenly assuming rock-star status has done wonders for my evening. Enjoy!
How being a parent is like being a rock star:
– Endless hours on the road with too many people in the vehicle
– Your job is to entertain a room full of loud, writhing maniacs
– If you do your job well, people ask you when you’ll produce more
– You ask yourself daily: “Am I tripping? Or did I really just see that?”
– Your name is always shouted, never spoken
– Someone is always pulling at your clothes
– Groupies follow you to the bathroom
– There’s a different person in your bed every night. Sometimes even two
– At the end of your work day, you’re sweaty and your hair is a mess
– Screaming is just part of the job
Thank you to Kim at letmestartbysayingblog.com, who wrote this and whose blog I’ve just discovered.